A small salon was built for the dance club. “Praguer Musicians” brought music in the summer, “Janissary Music” could also be heard after 1802. In 1805, Prussian soldiers garrisoned in Hildesheim played in “the Hölzchen”.
Together with the former ecclesiastical forest, the Berghölzchen later became the property of the monastic chamber. In 1843, a committee for the beautification of the Berhölzchen was formed and tree groups were planted and a terrace was laid in front of the inn.
From 1849 to 1872, in a quarry behind the inn, the summer theatre “Tivoli” took place in which famous actors played. In 1862, the city of Hildesheim purchased the Berghölzchen from the monastic chamber.
Today, with the additions of the hotel and conference rooms, it is one of the best-loved, 4-star conference hotels in Hildesheim and the surrounding areas.
Wonderful: A view of the city and the innermost valley.